Friday, January 30, 2009

Rexburg Advent

Yesterday was a great day spent in good ole' Rexburg. We started out sleeping in til the late hour of 8. Jake and Walker then chased each other around for a little while Jax and I tried to get somewhat presentable to take them up to the college... so they could chase each other. They had a blast because it was community hour up at the field house (a big room with a track and basketball hoops) and there were quite a few kids up there running around too. In the car on the way home, Walker kept saying sa-wich sa wich! So we went home and ate peanut butter sandwiches and eventually got the two boys to take a nap. Jax fell asleep with Jake and I was going to get in the shower but Kevin got home and we started a game of Electronic Monopoly. It is a lot more fun than old monopoly because you don't have to deal with the money- its all electronic transfers! So I always lose and this time was no different. I just get tired of playing so when I lose all my money I don't mortgage back properties and stuff- it's too complicated. Anyway, dad and Kevin ended up playing forever and had to call it a draw. I finally caved and showered- because everyone told me I was starting to stink up the house (not really but I am sure they were thinking it). We got a babysitter for the game because at Marsh Valley it was a disaster. Jake and Walker were just fine- they didn't even notice we were gone. When we got to the game, Misty showed up with her kids! It was fun to be able to enjoy the game, but it was a pretty stupid one. No one even wanted to be there. Kevin's team won by thirty or something and they didn't even care. It was almost boring except for the fact that we were watching our little brother. After the game we came home and made sure the boys were ok and gave them a bath then left them with Wada and went to millhollow for a frozen yogurt- the best ever! When we got back i went to put walker down for the night and fell asleep with him- i think it is the earliest I have ever gone to bed at my house! Everyone else stayed awake and watched Express and loved it.

Overall it was a full and fun day. I love being here because there is always something to do or someone to talk to. Walker had a blast too being with his cousins. We are going to have a blast today too. Tomorrow is the snowfest festival and they have a twenty foot hill built up at smith park to sled on. It is going to be fun!

I know its boring but I don't have my camera so no pictures. Maybe jax will take some.

I will post again later today on something more fun for everyone else- cuz I missed yesterday!

1 comment:

Jana Sorensen said...

You guys are so fun!! I love how you write Jen...I always want to be like you in that way!! Always so beautiful and creative and perfect! Like you!