Tuesday, January 27, 2009

HELP!

Ok- So I have an almost 2 year old son and I think he is starting to get really bored with winter! I don't know what to do with him to help him have fun. Today we are going to try playdough- which should be interesting and entertaining (I hope!). He loves watching movies- but I hate just sitting him in front of the TV and letting his brains fry. He also likes to color but after about an hour of coloring he is done and then we are out of fun things to do for the day.

I just need some creative ideas of fun things to do at home or if anyone has any good spots to visit any where from Tremonton (Kings???) to Salt Lake. Thanks for your help everyone!

2 comments:

belle la vie- Kristen Archer said...

So, we have done finger painting which can get really exciting if you're not prepared. I just have Maddie in her unders and an apron and then sit her on a pile of newspapers. (That sounds like an animal, huh?) Anyway, we have also done towers with blocks and she loves to make things with marshmallows and toothpicks. I think that the aquarium they have in Sandy is awesome. (It's on like 106th south and 13th east or so... I don't remember.) Maddie really liked that though, but I can't remember what it's called. Oh, don't they have a dinosaur museum in Ogden too? I want to take Maddie there eventually. We'll see though. Sorry this is so long, but I have been contemplating these same things!

Jenna Johnson said...

Hey Jen! I have figured out that it is impossible to keep my kids entertained all day every day and keep my sanity! So I've found a good balance...for me! I have set it up that in the morning we have our "exercise" time! This only last for 20 minutes or so but it's fun and keeps my kids active! And it's entertaining for me watching them try to do jumping jacks or sit up:) I alternate what we do during the day from singing time, coloring, playdo, there is little crafts you can do! One is taking paper plates and putting beans in them! He can color the plate then it turns into a musical instrument! Twice a week I try to to do a bigger activity! We love to go swimming and in SLC they have huge rec centers that have enormous kiddy pools! And sometimes I resort to the ol Mcdonalds play land {You do what you can during the winter} So frustrating these long winters! GOOD LUCK! If you ever head down this way let me know! There is so many thing down here...we could meet up!