Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Arch

We decided today to take Walker to see the arch. It was a beautiful day. The weather here has been absolutely gorgeous. The last week and a half it has been between 65-80everyday. I am an extremely amateur photographer but i think I took some pretty good shots of the arch. Landen and Walker ran up the steps and played for a few minutes while I stayed by the car. Some guy took a picture for us when they came down and it actually turned out pretty good too. Its so huge you can barely see it in some of the pictures but it is still an awesome sight. We were not going to go see it because we have seen it before but we were glad we went. Walker thought it was the coolest thing ever- plus we went to Costco after and got some frozen yogurt, which he also loved.

Also, I am still reading The Healthiest Kid in the Neighborhood and it is seriously changing my life so much. We are really working hard to be healthier in every aspect of life, physically, mentally spiritually emotionally and especially nutritionally. I don't think we realize the truth to the statement, "you are what you eat." The book mentions this (much more eloquently but i will try) our cells are reproducing at an extremely rapid rate, and what is it that these new cells are made of?? What we are fueling our bodies with. So if you eat fries and a shake and a big mac- you are literally a walking value meal. Just something to ponder.
We are trying really hard to eat healthier meals and snacks, but the convenience of the microwave is really hard to escape! If anyone has any good healthy recipes, share them with me please!!

Looking forward to seeing everyone next week!

1 comment:

Tiffany Joy said...

Hey Jenn-I just found a link to your blog from someone's site and was glad to get in touch with you guys again. I was so happy to see you awhile ago at church. Anyway, here are a few sites that I love: greensmoothiegirl.com, rawmom.com, and my blog is wheatgeek.blogspot.com.