Thursday, July 16, 2009

Going Home or Leaving it?

Walker and I are leaving St. Louis on July 28th. That's less than two weeks away! I am having some bitter sweet feelings about it. There are so many positives about being here. The number one thing is that I get to be with my best friend and husband. Going home means I will be without Landen for three weeks! That is a long time! I also have a lot of fun things to do out here. If it weren't for the high crime rate, this would be one of the most family friendly places on earth! They have a great zoo that is free if you can find a parking spot, grant's farm, also free, too many malls to name including the second biggest in the usa, I live really close to a TJ Maxx which is a good and bad thing, the library is absolutely awesome- we go every week, they have free summer movies somewhere mon- thurs every week, we live in an apartment complex with a pool, I have made a great friend in Rachel and I am sad to be leaving her, it's so green and beautiful. ALso, the ward here is so great, I have mentioned it before but I love the feeling and the people. I have learned a lot about getting involved with things and being an active participant in ward actvities etc.
Some things are not physical, but i am probably more gratful for them than the other things. We have been able to get closer to each other and to the Lord out here. For some reason, there have been less distractions or we have been sufficiently humbled, either way, this has been the best three months of our marriage! It has been fun. We see each other less than ever before, but are more in love. Landen is so great. I am so thankful that we got married- i don't know what I would do without him.

So- after that, I am so excited to go home for a lot of reasons too. I get to see my family! Julie is picking us up from the airport and we are dying to see her. walker is especially excited, but mostly to see kido! Jill and jeremy will even be coming to go to the temple with Kevin. Which is another reason I am excited to go home- Kevin is going on his mission! We are going to all be together in the temple for the first time (if I don't have my baby before the 21st!). I am going to paint my house and get the blue right this time, going home means I am only 4 weeks away from havimg Miyah ( I am just over 6 weeks right now), and I get to see all my friends in tremonton that are having babies too (and the ones that aren't).

Here is my dilemma, laid out for all of you! But I am going home, so I am mostly excited not sad. Can't wait to see everyone!

2 comments:

Kacie said...

You look great in your belly picture! It sucks that you have to go but it will fly by so it will be like you never were apart hopefully! I have said that same phrase this year " I see him less yet we are more in love" It is great isn't it?! Sounds like he is doing great and can't wait to see baby pics! Tiffany Parrish just had a baby girl on the 15th I believe names Kylie! Crazy huh? I get to go see her in 2 weeks so I'm excited! Hopefully you come to Rexburg soon and we could get together!

Jeremy, Brandee and Payton said...

you look darling and we are excited to have you come back to good ol tree town!