Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Bear WorldCont!


So this is the continuation of my bear world experience (two weeks later). But it was so awesome taht I still have to finish with some more pictures! If you have never been there- you should go! Find some coupons though cuz it is pricy ($17 a person- but worth it! especially if you get daddy to pay!) This one is of grampa and the two boys- we missed you Jayce!! (and liyah and gracie)

This one is really cool! I didn't know that albino elk even existed. They are extremely rare. I heard someone in the store (at bear world- not a grocery store comment) saying 1 in about every 2 million. This is a bull elk just chillin. He is growing fresh antlers (or horns as my husband would say). You can tell by the velvet. They had all dropped their antlers and were growing new ones, which meant there were some awesome sheds sitting on the grass. Ididn't take any pictures of them- should have for all my tremontonites- and the other hicks I know! (hey- don't take offense. I'm one now too...)
I think this wolf really likes bear world- maybe that's how they can solve the wolf problem- create Wolf World!! Walker really liked him too. He kept saying pu... pu.. pu... like puppy.
These bears were huge. I mean huge! It was awesome to see them up so close, lumbering about. I always wondered where that word came from but now I know there's no other word to describe what they are doing... lumbering! Walker and Jake were almost sick of the bears by now I think. We were getting close to the end and it was old hat by now. They thought it was cool to see three at the same time though.

Well- that concludes our trip to bear world! It was lots of fun and I recommend it highly!! It is in Thorton Idaho just south of Rexburg on highway 20. A few people have said they wouldn't go because "the bears can still attack the car!" There are electric wires and all sorts of stuff to keep you safe. Stop and see it next time you are in the area- since everyone goes there all the time...

2 comments:

Kacie said...

Hey Jen it's Kacie (Hart) Hanna. I haven't talked to you in forever and I found your blog off of Jill's from the MHS blog. I just wanted to say hi and see how you were doing. We have a blog-brandonandkaciehanna.blogspot.com if you want to keep in touch!!!

Anbre said...

Hey Jen! It feels like I haven't seen you forever! When's the next girls get together? Oh and Beau told me about some singing competition you are in and doing really well at. That's awesome! I didn't know you sang.