Monday, May 10, 2010

New life. new blogs...

I love it here. I love being here with friends and making new ones. I haven't been as social as I would like to, but I am getting to know a few people in the ward and I really enjoy it. Landen is not sure how he feels- he always gets to see the worst in people. Occasionally he sees the good but when someone knocks on your door, it doesn't always bring out the best. :) It is kinda funny though because he usually comes home being best friends with one or two people he met knocking. He just has a way about him that attracts friends.

So about the title- I feel like I have a lot to offer the world; especially my family and the Lord. I need some help reaching my potential. So often I want to start some big project or read a book about parenting or learn to play the guitar or take voice lessons etc etc but I just don't do those things. I have been pondering on how I can accomplish these things when I listened to Stephanie Nielson's message about her New Life. I know that it is totally different but it inspired me to take what I have and make it what I keep envisioning it to be. I am so blessed- that is something I have definately come to realize more fully over the past few weeks. I am so thankful for my struggles and my joys.

I am going to start a blog for Walker and one for Miyah in leiu of a journal-I have been keeping journals for them once a month in writing but it is getting tedious and the entries are not what I want them to be. I am also going to blog about what I am learning; books I am reading, exercises I am doing, foods I am cooking and whatever else I see as beneficial. I want to look back at everyday and feel in heart that "it is good... it is oh, so good."

Here's to a new life.

2 comments:

Kacie said...

I feel the exact same way! I told Bran I wished you guys were out with us because we were such good friends because we think alike ha ha! Can;t wait to read!

Meg and Alex said...

Jen, will you invite me to read your kids blogs? neilsonmegan@gmail.com

Love your long lost Megs