Monday, August 4, 2008

Season of Life


I made a very tough choice today. I pulled my application out of the running for head women's basketball coach at bear river high. I have really been wrestling with the choice for the last few weeks and I have come to the conclusion that I have known all along I am not supposed to do it. I had prayed and fasted for an answer (actually I prayed and fasted for a YES answer- the answer I wanted) and didn't feel that I had recieved one.
I kept shrugging off the feeling that i wasn't supposed to do it but it loomed over my head and i couldn't shake it no matter how hard I tried. With an interview scheduled for Wednesday, I knew it couldn't wait any longer so yesterday we drove over to the AD's house and told him about how I felt. He was amazing about it! Coach Van Park (who is also the head men's basketball coach)said that i had to follow those feelings and that I would get another chance later in life. It was like someone took Jacob Marley's chains off of me! I have had a few other opportunities waiting on the back burner because I couldn't get over this opportunity to be the head coach of a (really good) varsity team. Anyways, despite being one of the hardest things I have ever had to do, it was really a testimony to me of answers to prayers and that our lives really do matter to the Lord.

5 comments:

JillEE said...

Good job on making a hard choice. I am proud of you...and btw great picture.

me said...

i love this story, i know landon he went to school with our justin and played baseball together. thanks so much for sharing the story.
annmarie

Bobby and Amanda said...

Bummer, but I agree with the coach, I have a feeling you will get another chance.

Kacie said...

I hate making hard choices, but it's nice that you have someone to turn to for help!!!I hope you get that second chance it would be something you could excel at

Tiffany Joy said...

Way to o Jen!! Isn't it great He is aware of us always??