Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Fourth!

Happy fourth of July everyone! We had fun last night going to the OFallon Heritage and Freedom Festival. We didn't realize how crowded it would be so we only got to stay for about an hour but it was fun to be there. It reminded me of the fair. They had the midway rides and games which was fun to watch. Walker actually really wanted to ride some of the rides but the prices were a joke and he fell out of one last year so I don't trust them (carnival rides). Walker did ride a pony. He loved it! I thought he would need me right by him but he just rode it around and waved every couple times by. The saddle had a seatbelt sewed onto it which I thought was genius. The was also a separate part that was sponsered by a church. It had free kids games, the big blow up toys and some booths. The games had glow necklaces as the prizes and walker had a blast. Landen called at about 915 and we left to go get him. We had to walk to get to the shuttle which took us back to our car where we proceeded to get lost. Landen's car group dropped him off at a gas station (really far out of their way) and we found him eventually. We sat at the gas station and watched fire works! It was crazy but fun! There were a lot of people at the gas station watching them and about 15 minutes into it, the sprinklers turned on! It was funny but kinda sad. We didn't get home til really late.
Today, walker and I went to Ice Age 3 and he really liked it. I thought it was ok but it made me frustrated that you can't even go to a kids show without some adult humor. However, it was a lot better than the last two movies I saw. (transformers and the proposal). I loved the story and the baby mammoth was so cute!! Scrat is trying to take over the film.

Anyway, my baby dragon (as walker has taken to calling himself) is calling me to come play.
love you guys.

No comments: