Saturday, April 3, 2010

Swissed out and heading to Louisville

I spent the weekend with my mom and sisters at a swiss themed resort. It was really fun. I absolutely love being with my mom and sisters. We can just laugh and talk about anything. My sister wrote a great blog post about the experiences we had, including a short commentary on my intelligent use of the words cherryokeys and invention of a country: hungaria. It sounds right when you say it doesn't it? Anyway, it was such a blast and thanks to my hubby who kept the kids one night and my great mother in law who kept them the second night. Everyone need some girl time.

On another note, I am having way more mixed feelings about leaving tremonton this year. I am excited but with two kids and a whole lot more stuff to take, I am trepidatious. I really love going somewhere new- its such an adventure. It's funny the things that i recall being the most exciting: going to the grocery store, figuring out the freeway system, going to the pool at the apartment ten times a week (yes that is more than once a day), church- the ward in stl was amazing. Those are just a few things that I am excited about. I will try to post a blog at least twice a week. With pictures! I will kee updating as we get ready to go. We leave april 14 (wednesday in a week and a half). Truth be told, I haven't even started packing. How do you even begin packing for a four almost five month adventure with two kids and a trunk to pack it all in??? ( we are thinking about a trailer, its a huge possibility).

3 comments:

Bev said...

We did summer sales with two kids and I love that we did it. I spent summers in Phili, Puerto Rico (twice), and Texas! I am happy that you guys are having success with it. We wouldn't trade our experience that is for sure. LESS IS MORE! Way less is even better. GO Landen! I wish you the best and Good job for being one of the wives with a great attitude about it all.

JillEE said...

I am so glad you remembered about being swissed out.

Bring a lot of separates that can be mixed together. So you can bring fewer clothes but still have lots of different outfits. Don't pack there (or bring back) anything you can buy for under $3-$4, most likely you'll be able to get that whever you are going.

Lover you!

THORNLEY FAMILY said...

MAN YOU ARE LEAVEN AGAIN!! ARE YOU RENTING YOUR HOUSE OUT AGAIN!! WOULD U LIKE US TO KEEP AN EYE ON THINGS??LET US KNOW WE CAN DO TO HELP!