Friday, April 17, 2009

St. Louis MO

WOW! A lot has happened since I posted last about our house being up for rent. We have successfully rented it out to a great family who is looking for a home in tremonton. We arrived in st. louis last sunday and have had a lot of adjusting to do. Whoever said two year olds don't have a problem moving, didn't know ours. He was so upset when we got here and gramma and kido were not here to greet him. He thought that everyone would be here. The first two days were really rough for him- which made them really rough for me too. We don't have a computer or gps so I have felt kind of trapped but it has been fun to use maps and be old fashioned too. My card is full on my camera from easter videos and pictures so i haven't even taken any pictures yet but as soon as I do, I will put some up. I miss everyone but I really want to like it out here too. Like my sister told me, if I am going to be a world traveler I can't let a little city scare me! Thanks for everyone helping us to get out here with travel packs (bobby and amanda) notes (shawn and brit) and awesome candy apples (brandee). And everyone else who was encouraging- it is tough to do something different but when you do, the rewards are great. We will keep you posted.
love
jen landen and walker (and miyah- who is growing and already kicking me like crazy- so much for a calm sweet little girl!)

6 comments:

Cam and Mary said...

Hi! Glad to hear back from you! We lived in O'Fallon, which is about 20 min Northwest from you I think, further away from St Louis. There is a lot to do! We loved the zoo, and it's free! It's in a place called Forrest Park, and the area is beautiful. Go before it gets hot in the summer! Are you close to the Missouri River? There is a cute part of Old St Charles around there too, which was neat. Good luck! I know it's hard moving away from family, but you will learn and grow so much. At least you have a time when you know you'll get to go back home! :)

THORNLEY FAMILY said...

HEY!!!
IM SORRY WE DIDNT KNOW YOU GUYS WERE LEAVING SO FASST...WE DIDNT EVEN GET YOU A TRAVEL PRESENT OR ANYTHING..I HOPE YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT!! I MISSED YA AT CHURCH BUT I GUESS YOU WONT BE GONE FOREVER!!IF U NEED ANYTHING FROM US LET US KNOW!!!PS I HOPE YOUR PREGNANCY IS GOING SMOOTH!

Sherri Madson said...

Landen and Jen,
Didn't know you were moving or that Jen was pregnant. Congrats on both! Good luck down there and hopefully, you catch a Cards game!! Greg Madson

Bobby and Amanda Lewis said...

Its good to know you made it! Hope Walker is doing okay :]

Jeremy, Brandee and Payton said...

Good good to hear from you. so i somehow lost your phone # , i have been texting someone else!!! hope all is going well for you guys. keep in touch!

Katie and Kaden said...

hey jen! i hope everything is going good and you are all settled in. how are you feeling?! we miss you guys...even though we didn't see much of you the last little while. now when we even think of calling to see if you guys want to hang out...we can't:( good luck out there!! i really hope it goes so so so great for you!