Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Excuses Excuses- and Ideas too please!

Well, let me just say, mine is valid. I haven't had an internet connection for the past week. I probably wouldn't have blogged as much though because i have been so sick! I had to go out of stake conference (the adult session- saturday night) and puke my guts out then go sit back down and act like I was fine- how awful! Anyways, it has been a rough few days but I think we are back online with everything. I feel better today too, which is a great relief.

Anways, there has been nothing of great import happen in our lives over the last week. I have, however, finished reading pride and prejudice. It is such a great book-mostly because of the time frame in which it was written. The scenes, the language, the parties! Really, the plot has no particular interest- I mean its just a story about five sisters and their family. But what book isn't like that I guess. I could write a great novel about our family, but I don't think it would be well received. I was glued to the novel from start to finish. I loved it. I also watched the BBC movie and really enjoyed it too because it is so much like the novel.

I am in charge of our valentine's day date this year- and I don't have the slightest idea of what to do! I have become so boring!! I need help!

p.s. Here is the preview to a new pride and prejudice movie- it looks really good but can't be as acurate as that BBC version. But probably more dramatic...

3 comments:

McCleary Family Fun said...

congratulations!!

belle la vie- Kristen Archer said...

So, I hate that. Puking and then just sitting there and acting like you feel just great and hoping nobody notices your nastyness! I'm so sorry. I got sick with my second one too. I didn't with Maddie at all, so that was weird to me. So, I have that new Pride and Prejudice movie and it isn't as accurate as the BBC one, but I really like it if you want to borrow it! We're just being boring for Valentine's and we're going to a movie and dinner. Last year I was creative though and I did all these clues as to where we were going and made him be blindfolded until he guessed where. We stayed at the Armstrong Mansion in Salt Lake and it is beautiful. You can get gift certificates for cheaper at citydeals.com. There's the one idea I ever had........ :) Sorry I don't have more creative ones for ya!

Kacie said...

Hey Jen I never experienced the puking thing but I got really nautious with her and that sucked so I can only imagine! I love pride and prejudice it is one of my favorites (the new one)! We are also boring and are going to a dinner and movie but I can't really be away from McKinley for more than like 4 hours and to us that is a treat since we never go to movies! we are going swimming during the day and I always make heart shaped waffles or pancakes! I like to be creative with my presents-I made him a book on shutterfly of my favorite memories that we've had togther!